These are so delicious and taste like carrot cake but a lot healthier! These carrot muffins come together in 35 minutes and are oh so worth it! They are crunchy, sweet and delicious. You could def add some butter and honey on top and enjoy these as a dessert or keep them as is and eat them as a nutrient packed snack! I love making a batch and keeping them in the refrigerator as an easy breakfast on the go!
Yields: 16 small muffins
- 2 cups of Oat flour- you can buy this or just grind it yourself with regular oats and a food processor!
- 5 carrots ground up. You can grate them yourself or use a food processor. The food processor tends to yield smaller chunks but I’m okay with that 🙂
- 2 tsp of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of honey – can substitute sugar or your favorite low calorie sweetener
- 1/2 cup of yogurt ( Greek or regular)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- optional: walnuts and raisins
1). Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2). Mix together all of the ingredients
3). Spray a cupcake pan with olive oil. You can butter them up too or use silicon liners!
4). Spoon the mixture into cupcake pan, filling each mold 3/4 full.
5). Place into the oven for 25 minutes.
6). Let the muffins cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!