This Egg Curry is perfect for a fast week night meal. It comes together super quick and utilizes ingredients that you most likely have lying around your fridge and pantry. It is packed with protein, hearty and healthy. It’s such a fun take on eggs and is one of my favorite curries. I paired mines with a paratha because it was just a paratha type of day, however you can pair yours with rice, rothi or naan.I hope you’ll give this one a try. Now let’s get cookin’!
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 diced Onion
- 3 tsp of Oil
- 2 Serrano Peppers or 1 Jalapeno pepper (depending on your spice tolerance)
- 4 chopped Roma Tomatoes
- 2 tsp of minced Garlic
- 2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Red Chili Pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Tumeric
- 10 beaten Eggs
- 2 chopped and peeled Potatoes
- 1/2 bunch of chopped Cilantro for Garnishing
- In a medium sized pan on medium high heat, add in the chopped Onions and sauté until they soften.
- Once onions are softened, add in the Garlic and Spices and toast for 30 seconds.
- Add in the Tomatoes and lower the heat to medium and place the lid on top until the tomatoes have softened and become jammy (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the Eggs and Potatoes to the curry and place the lid on top. You’ll want to mix every couple of minutes so that the Eggs turn into small ribbons vs scramble.
- Once the Potatoes have softened, turn off the heat and add your Cilantro.
- Enjoy with some Rothi, Naan , Rice or by itself 🙂