This recipe is for those days where you don’t have time to marinate your chicken and need food on the table ASAP. Just simply add Salsa and let the flavors of the salsa bring your chicken to life! This salsa chicken be eaten alongside rice, in tacos or with some sauteed veggies!
-Chicken of your choice: 2 breasts or thighs
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp black pepper
-1 tsp red chilli powder 3
-1/2 bunch of cilantro
-5 roma tomatoes
-2 Chilli peppers of your choice (I love using Serrano Peppers. You can use jalepeno peppers for a milder salsa)
-juice of 2 lemons
-3 garlic cloves
-1tsp of salt
-1 tsp of black pepper
-1 tsp of red chili powder
- Cut up your chicken into small bitesize pieces. By cutting the chicken into smaller bit size peices, it’ll allow your chicken to brown more during the cooking process and you’ll get more flavor per bite.
- After cutting the chicken add it to a bowl alongside with salt, pepper, and chilli powder and let it marinate quickly with these ingredients while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Add all of the salsa ingredients to a food processor or blender and blitz away until all of the ingredients have been well incorporated. **
- Add your salsa to the chicken and heat up a pan on medium high heat.
- Add some oil to the pan and pour your chicken mixture to the pan, stirring occasionally.
- The chicken will take approximately 15 minutes to cook. You want to cook it until all of the liquid evaporates and the salsa has stuck onto all of the chicken pieces.
** You can totally use store bought salsa in this recipe. However, if you are using store bought salsa for this recipe, allow the chicken to marinate with the salt, pepper and red chili powder for at least 15 minutes before adding the salsa.
After adding your salsa to the chicken, you can let it marinate overnight if you’d like an even more flavorful dish!